Mia is a dynamic, inspiring speaker who connects with a diversity of audiences. Some of her most popular talks include:
- Reimagining the future of family in America
- America’s way forward: Black women leading, shine theory, and love
- Action into being: Be a better ally
- The story we tell about poverty isn't true
- Bravery and generosity: Crossing borders and creating community
Watch Mia speak. Read her words.
- Watch Mia's TED talk.
- Watch Mia's talk about liberation in the context of education.
- Mia discusses poverty on the Tavis Smiley Show.
- Mia and Anne Marie Slaughter talking about policy for America's modern families on Forum.
- In this piece for the Pacific Standard, Mia Birdsong advises looking past stereotypes and to black Americans for models of 21st-century families.
- In Praise of the Auntie, Mia's piece for Slate.